Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blog About It

There are some blogs that are so fantastic that you can't help but feel lucky to have stumbled upon them, with Colossal and The Design Ark easily fitting into this category. If you were to look through the starred posts in my reader on any given day, its these guys who would show up far more often than any other sites. Which is why, for this week's Blog About It, the theme is not only going to be favorites in terms of blogs that focus on art and design, but it's also going to be outright adoration for two sites who truly exemplify the best that the blogosphere has to offer.


The reason why I read Colossal is that I know with complete certainty that I will see something incredible on it on a daily basis. In fact, Christopher Jobson does such an great job of finding exciting and inspiring content that I sometimes need to remind myself that re-posting everything from Colossal onto my own blog is not a valid option.




Colossal is all about exploring the intersection of art, design, and physical craft in all its forms. There's no real rhyme or reason to what gets posted, other than that it's going to be content that easily accessible to anyone who happens to stop by, regardless of their background:
I spend a lot of time thinking about what gets published on Colossal, but have thought little about the overall direction of the blog itself. Flannery O’Conner wrote, 'I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say,' which perfectly sums up how I feel about discovering art, and looking back at the growing body of work shared here, I’ve made some interesting discoveries about what I didn’t know I was doing until I saw it.


And then, there's The Design Ark. Another daily must-read, The Design Ark is an art, design and lifestyle inspiration blog that's all about finding the best of what's new on the web. And while this may be a lofty goal for some, Annabel pulls it better than almost any other blog around.




Like Christopher at Colossal, Annabel at The Design Ark is a master at showcasing interesting content on a variety of different topics concerning art and design, as well as that broader category of lifestyle. In particular, The Design Ark is absolutely the place to go for unusual and inspiring architectural projects. Of course, if you stop by the blog on any given day, you're pretty much guaranteed to be inspired - it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!