Monday, June 18, 2012

measuring the universe

If you've ever wondered how astronomers measure the size of the universe, then this short, animated video is for you.

Measuring the Universe from Royal Observatory Greenwich on Vimeo.

I'm always impressed when complex scientific ideas are presented in both an easily-understood and interesting way, particularly when its done in under 5 minutes. Way to go, Greenwich Royal Observatory. Simply fascinating.

(Via kottke)


And speaking of the size of things, did you notice my blog re-design? It had been bothering me for a while that I was so limited by how large - or rather, small - all of the images on my blog had to be, so I decided that it was finally time to do something about it. A few design changes later, and here we are! I've increased the widths of posts, allowing for full-sized images, and changed the font for an updated look and increased readability. At least, that's my opinion. I'd love to hear yours as well. Next up, a new image header!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!