Thursday, May 3, 2012

the sky is calling us

This video just totally gave me goosebumps. While I've always known that space travel isn't for me, I have a huge amount of admiration for the people involved with it, still identify the notion of space exploration as a romantic one. Which is why the precariousness of its future, and the idea that space travel may soon entirely be a thing of the past, is such a hard idea to fathom. The Sky Is Calling Us, a short video from University of Oregon copywriter Nickolaus Sugai and interaction designer Lauren Geschke, is a poignant call to action to garner support for NASA's space program in Congress.



Because if we ignore the calls of the sky, who then will draw the maps of the universe?
To learn more, visit theskyiscalling.us.

(Via Brain Pickings)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!