Friday, December 7, 2012

Designer of the Month: Marimekko


While we're now in December, and should technically be moving on from November's Designer of the Month, Marimekko, I thought that it might be fun to slightly extend things by bringing this historic company into the present day. For the last month, we looked at the history of Marimekko, and in particular, the company's founder, Armi Ratia and the many wonderful designers associated with Marimekko during its early years. Although a lot has changed for the company over its 61-year-history, today, Marimekko remains as popular, and as recognizable a brand, as ever. And so, I present you with a look at the modern world of Marimekko fabric printing.






(Photos by Tuukka Koski, Toni Rosvall and Marimekko, via Design Milk)

P.S. Today's my birthday - I'm 30 years old!!! To celebrate, Patrick's taking me here for dinner tonight, and tomorrow, we're getting together with friends to go here. I hope you all have a fun weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!