Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Alexander Semenov - underwater experiments

I've always been fascinated by jellyfish. In general, I think that fish are pretty incredible, and I'm a big fan of aquariums as a result. Jellyfish, however, have always held a special place in my heart. They're so alien looking, and there are just so many of them in such an incredible variety of sizes and shapes and colors, that I can't imagine not being captivated. Which is why, when I saw these images of jellyfish by Russian marine biologist Alexander Semenov, I was reminded all over again why I find these creatures so remarkable and completely left in awe.




These are just a few of the stunning underwater experiments that can be found of Semenov's website and flickr site, where there are plenty more jellyfish (and octopi, and coral, and tons of other sea life) just waiting.

(Via The Design Ark)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!