Friday, December 16, 2011

covers


Covers/Luis Urculo from Luis Urculo on Vimeo.

For lack of a better way to describe it, I really have to tell you guys that this video is kind of weird, but in a pretty incredible way. As you'll see for yourself, Covers, by Luis Urculo, is a reconstruction and review of iconic, monumental architectural works built from stacks of random objects. About halfway through, I still wasn't sure that I wanted to keep watching, but in the end, I was totally charmed by these quirky, minimalist representations. My favorite was definitely Fallingwater, but not only did I enjoy trying to guess what each stack was supposed to represent, I also couldn't help but be amused and impressed both in the way the objects were stacked as well as by the choice of objects themselves. It's a really unusual, but very cool concept.

(Via The Fox Is Black)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!