Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blog About It

For this week's Blog About It, I've got two blogs for you that each revolve around a very simple, nicely executed idea: thxthxthx and Things Organized Neatly.

I know I've written about it before, but I still totally love the idea behind thxthxthx: a thank you note a day: Leah Dieterich's mother always told her to write thank you notes. So she does. To everything. thxthxthx is her daily exercise in gratitude.



No matter how seemingly insignificant the thank you, Leah's handwritten notes never fail to give me a little bit of a daily pick-me-up, serving as a nice reminder of all the things in my own life to be thankful for.


I really don't understand the appeal of Things Organized Neatly, other than the fact that it's undeniable. It's such a simple concept, yet one that's endlessly engaging.



 This was one of my early TON posts, but it’s one of my favorites.

My favorite images tend to be the ones where it becomes less about the individual objects, and more about the overall pattern created by them. Of course, there's also something that's very visually arresting about a well-curated set of objects, regardless of the way in which they relate to each other. Interested in seeing a particular image on Things Organized Neatly? Submissions are welcome, so long as they follow these basic guidelines:
  • Image quality (Cell phone pics rarely make the site.)
  • Neatness of organization/arrangement
  • Right angles
  • Citation! (PLEASE give a source or artist/photographer name)
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY: I post an image if I like an image. This one is totally subjective, and I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!