Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2011 calendars

Can you guys believe that it's calendar season again? Luckily, not only do I absolutely love calendars, but this year's selection is already proving to be better than ever. Over the next few months, I'm going to be doing a couple different posts of some of my favorites for the year, starting right now, with some real beauties. 

Inspired by vintage textiles, geometric shapes and hand-drawn illustration, seesaw's 2011 calendar combines metallic gold foil and warm grey letterpress.

I love the look of fabric calendars, especially this hot air balloon design from Lisa Rupp. It comes with both the wood and string parts, making it all ready to hang.

1canoe2 has designed not 1, but 4 different letterpress calendars for 2011, including this pretty flower garden one. Check out their Etsy shop for boats, things that are long and farm illustrations as well.

I've had one of Atherton Lin's lovely calendars hanging above my desk at work for the past 2 years, and I love the way that each month connects to a larger narrative. The 2011 installment, ACROSS THE SEA, features a journey of high adventure and perpetual adolescence.

And last but never least is the newest calendar by one of my all-around favorite letterpress studios, Sycamore Street Press. While I love all of their letterpress goodies, I really think that they've outdone themselves with this year's calendar, foxes, trees & mountains.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!