Wednesday, September 1, 2010

indoor slides

I was browsing through ohdeedoh the other day. While it's true that I don't have any children, this little fact has never stopped me from looking through design sites whose main demographic are parents. Plus, it occasionally leads me to things like this:

Oh yes, my friends, that there is an indoor slide. And who doesn't love those? Located in a (clearly) amazing house in Indonesia, this slide starts on the second floor, near the kid's bedrooms, and ends up in the kitchen.

I then had to go and click through all of Ohdeedoh's posts about this topic, which led me to both the amazing wooden staircase/slide above and the one below.

The house that I grew up in had a staircase with a sort of addition on one side, like in the above image. We kids liked to think was a slide when really, it was just part of the staircase. Of course, even though it was barely wide enough to play on, that never stopped us from trying. It was certainly nothing like these beauties, though. I can't decide which of the three I like more, but an indoor slide has definitely been added to my imaginary list of cool features that I'd like in my dream house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!