Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Missed Connections - reprised

Thursday, April 15, 2010
-w4m
Not just those on show, you know that right?
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
-w4m - 28 (Chelsea)
You: tall, brown hair, incredibly voluminous moustache, blue/green checkered shirt
Me: tall, blond, wearing all black and Burberry rain boots
I boarded the uptown C train at 14th Street at around 10:50 on Tuesday morning. You got off at 23rd. You were staring at me. Hard. You're really really really ridiculously good-looking.

Sunday, January 31, 2010
- w4m (BPL)
We were in the Brooklyn Public Library on Saturday, browsing graphic novels – you had on a big furry hat and nice smile. You tapped me on the shoulder and told me I'm pretty. That was nice. Which book did you end up borrowing?
Saturday, October 17, 2009
-m4w
We shared a bear suit at an apartment on Saturday night. I asked for your number and you gave it to me, but somehow I don't have an area code written down. I had a great time talking with you, and I don't trust Chance enough to wait until I see you in the elevators...
Monday, August 17, 2009
-m4w - (greenpoint)
asked myself why the letter 'n' all night long, then you were gone before I got a chance to ask. also, I saved you a piece of cake. do you always sit in a circle of asian girls? and sit at the top of the stairs so everyone gets a crush on you when they get to the roof?
I first wrote about Sophie Blackall's amazing Missed Connections series one year ago today, so I thought it would be fun to do a little follow-up post. Sophie continues to create paintings based on craigslist missed connections ads, and has begun selling prints of them in her Etsy shop as well. The above are some of my favorites from the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!