Thursday, July 2, 2009

Leslie Mendelson: Swan Feathers

Image courtesy of Amazon.com

I am very excited because my incredibly talented friend Leslie Mendelson released her album Swan Feathers this week! Leslie and Patrick grew up down the street from each other (and now, many years later, live down the street from each other once more), but even if she wasn't a friend of ours, I would still be talking about how great this album is and how everyone should grab themselves a copy. Leslie has gotten some wonderful press so far, including the great news that her song "Hit the Spot" is the iTunes Free Discovery Download of the week. This means that you can download it for free all week long, so there's really no excuse not to give it a listen.

As Jac Holzman, founder of the Electra and Nonesuch Labels, says, "Unless I've lost my bearings this is one of the tastiest pop albums of recent memory. And I say ‘pop’ in the Carole King sense. Great melodies with wondrous curves that take you places. No album of this genre has touched me so deeply. Most important, the songs stick to you like swan feathers caught on rubber cement." Isn't that a great endorsement? You can read more about Leslie and the album on the Rykodisc (her record label) website here.


Image courtesy of Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!