Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jon Shearin

Today, I want to share some pictures that my amazingly talented friend Jon Shearin sent to me, of his latest commission for a set of iron railings. Besides being a blacksmith extraordinaire, Jon spends his days as the iron studio coordinator at the Penland School of Crafts, working to make the world a better place one lovingly hand-forged and fabricated iron object at a time.




Jon's also been known to make a belt buckle or two, which he sells out of his Etsy shop, and loves to work on custom orders. And let me tell you, when this guy says that he can engrave pretty much any image into a belt buckle, from capybaras to sneaky llamas to pirate fledges, he's not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!