Friday, April 24, 2009

This American Life


As a fan of NPR, and especially This Americna Life, I was very excited to attend this screening last night. Filmed live at NYU and broadcast to movie theaters nationwide, this is an event that I'm so glad we decided to attend. Not only was it great to actually see everyone tell their stories (oh how I wish I could have been in the audience at NYU!), but there was some fun visual stuff to go along with it all, including pre-show games, a cartoon by Chris Ware, post-it note illustration, and clips from the fantastic Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Even more exciting, the stories were by some of my favorite This American Life contributors: Mike Birbiglia, Starlee Kine, Dan Savage, and Joss Whedon. It was a really amazing, and surprisingly moving show. The episode will be broadcast on the radio in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!