Friday, December 28, 2012

block shop

Can you believe these stunning scarves? They're the product of Block Shop, a new Indian textile company by Lily and Hopie Stockman. The sisters have worked with the Chhipa family of master printers in Bagru, India, who have been hand block printing with natural dyes for over 350 years, to create a truly gorgeous line of products.




Now, the last thing I need in my life is a new scarf, but when I saw Block Shop's beautiful range of textiles, I couldn't resist purchasing one as a belated birthday present to myself. And while quite a few of the scarves sold out within the first few days of opening, you can view the entire range of products and read more about the block printing and dying process on the Block Shop website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!