Thursday, October 4, 2012

2013 calendars

I love the fall. It means cooler weather, cozy clothes, and best of all, calendar season! 2013 calendars have already been appearing for months, but now's the time of year when I get to start sharing some of the best of the best with all of you. Today, we'll begin with this year's offering from some old favorites.

First up, for 2013, Rifle Paper Co.'s put out not one, not two, but three choices of calendars!







There's the wanderlusty Cities Calender, which takes you around the world in 12 months in a beautiful series of hand-painted maps, a Garden Calendar to get you excited for growing, and the Antoinette Calendar Print featuring pretty florals - all great options for the new year.



Julianna Swaney is one of my very favorite illustrators, and her annual calendars are always at the top of my list. Of course, this year's calendar, with it's watercolor illustrations of musical foxes and hand lettering, is no exception. I don't generally go for year-at-a-glance calendars, but I'd be happy to look at this beauty all year long.







And finally, while I always look forward to seeing bookhou's new calendars, I think it's safe to say that 2013 are their best ones yet. My particular favorite is the watercolor illustrated calendar, featuring Arounna Khounnoraj's lovely patterned geometric shapes and naturalistic objects in an array of bright colors. Combined with the understated beauty of the wall art calendar, both options will definitely make you happy from January through December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!