Monday, August 13, 2012

aMAZEme

250,000 is a lot of books. By comparison, I took a few seconds and estimated that I have approximately 530 books in my house. Now, that is quite a lot of printed matter, but unlike Brazilian artists Marcos Saboya and Gualter Pupo's aMAZEme, my books are housed almost entirely on bookshelves, rather than in labyrinthine piles in a ballroom in London's Southbank Center. And I must say, Saboya and Gualter's configuration is far and away more fun and interesting than my set-up.




I mean, what could you possibly not love about a maze made out of books? Inspired by writer and educator Jorge Louis Borges, the maze will forms the shape of Borges’ unique fingerprint, covering over 500 square metres (5,381 square feet), with sections standing up to 2.5 metres (8.2 feet) high. Curious about how it was assembled? Watch the video below!


aMAZEme: A Labyrinth Made from 250,000 Books from Christopher Jobson on Vimeo.

(Via Colossal and My Modern Met)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!