Wednesday, July 18, 2012

pocket knife necklace

My first pocket knife was a leatherman. It was more of a large multi-tool, really, than anything I'd ever keep on me at any time, but both it and my stereo were given to me by my dad when he moved me into my dorm room during my freshman year of college, and both are items that I've carried with me through four years of college, as many different rentals in the years after, and now, into my  very own house. In addition to the leatherman, I had a nice little swiss army knife that I loved and carried around with me and which was endlessly handy for opening boxes, cutting up fruit and cleaning under my fingernails, until a few years ago when I forgot to take it out of my bag before getting on an airplane, and that was the last I saw of that.




I haven't carried around a pocket knife since, both because I haven't found one that I liked as much as that fateful TSA-confiscated one, but mostly just out of laziness. Of course, now that I've come across this gorgeous pocket knife necklace, which is a collaboration between Oklahoma knife-maker Gene Wiseman and Shana Tabor of In God We Trust for Kaufmann Mercantile, I don't think I'll ever find one that quite lives up to it. While the pocket knife necklace will set you back $490, each knife takes two days to make by hand, and is as functional as it is lovely.

(Via Tomboy Style)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!