Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blog About It

If you've learned anything about me from reading these Blog About It posts, it's probably the fact that I love reading blogs by people who create lovely things, write about themselves and the business of selling said lovely things, and who do both things accompanied by some good photographs. Where is exactly where I'm taking you all today with blogs by Jennifer Sarkilahti and Anna McClurg.


If the name Odette New York sounds familiar to you, it's probably because it's been featured on this blog many, many times.




But not only does Jennifer create the most beautiful jewelry, but she's an avid blogger as well, featuring images of her life, work, travels, and inspirations. Some of my favorites from the past year included her two new collections, a trip to Greece and Turkey, lots of good studio and process images, and a wonderful d*s sneak peak of her apartment.
Anna's look books for her clothing make me swoon. Case in point? Her holiday 2011 collection made me want to wear velvet more than ever in my life, and I was very disappointed that I wasn't able to buy her Henriette Dress before it (very quickly) sold out. But not only does Anna sell the clothes that she designs and creates herself, but she makes pretty incredible historical outfits as well. How rad is that?




And of course, there's that small matter of her wonderful blog as well. It's always great to peak into other people's lives, especially someone who lives in a very different place from me. I love seeing images of Anna's work in progress, inspiration, trips taken, good food, and lots of other little looks into her daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!