Tuesday, December 13, 2011

butter + love

I am lucky enough to have a lot of really amazing cooks in my life. In addition to my husband and family, all of whom enjoy good food and know how to cook and bake up a storm, there are also the friends who - professionally or simply passionately - can more than hold their own in the kitchen. Case in point is my friend Alison, of the exceedingly delicious Butter + Love. While those of you who live in Brooklyn may already recognize her beautiful, tasty treats from some Fort Greene and Cobble Hill shops, as well as the Brooklyn Flea and Smorgusburg, she recently launched a website and will soon be taking orders on Etsy.


And don't think I'm just writing about these cookies because I happen to know the baker. Oh no, my friends, these are the kind of cookies you have dreams about. I'm currently addicted to the marionberry and rosemary sea salt jam sandwich cookies, which are just about the most perfect combination of sweet and savory imaginable.  Of course, any cookie that involves jam is usually good with me, but there's also no way to go wrong with choices like salted honey lavender shortbread or gingerbread mustaches either. That's right, I said gingerbread mustaches. See all of Butter + Love's offerings right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!