Monday, June 20, 2011

Max Levy Architect

My love of modern architecture is generally confined to specific buildings. I'll like one project by an architect, and then am unable to get that excited about any of their other work. Max Levy, however, is definitely a huge exception to this rule. After having spent some time browsing through his portfolio, I was happy to find that many of his projects felt fresh and full of good ideas. I mean, a watering can drainage system - how awesome is that? Levy seems to be particularly interested in exploring ideas around water, light and shadow. I found his incorporation of the water elements in his House on a Pond to be particularly beautiful:



His play with light and shadow for the Sunlit House is charming:


And the sun-drenched options for the House with Sky View are both functional and aesthetically interesting.


And these are just a few of my favorites. You can see more on the Max Levy Architect website.

(Via desire to inspire)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!