Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Irina Werning - back to the future

I know that Argentian photographer Irina Werning's Back to the Future project made the blog rounds last week, but I think that it's such a great, ambitious undertaking that I had to share it here as well.




As Irina explains about the project:
I love old photos. I admit being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else’s house, I start sniffing for them. Most of us are fascinated by their retro look but to me, it’s imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today... A few months ago, I decided to actually do this. So, with my camera, I started inviting people to go back to their future.
How amazing is that? Not only am I totally blown away by the fact that Irina turned this idea into a reality, but that she did such an awesome job of getting the clothing, poses and even facial expressions as close as possible to the original image is just extraordinary. See more images from the project here.

(Photographs © Irina Werning, Via Got A Girl Crush)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!