Friday, February 4, 2011

blog about it

I know you were expecting a new Designer of the Month today, but I've decided that it's going to take a short, month-long break so that I can get some research done and come back in March all nice and refeshed. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it has to be done. In the meantime, I'm here to introduce Blog About It, a new column where I'll share some of my favorite blogs with all of you. For the entire month of February, this means that you'll get to read about two very different but equally wonderful blogs every Friday. Excited? Well then, let's get started! 
First up, I give you all the mountains, one of my favorite blogs to visit for little bits of daily inspiration. Amy posts all sorts of images of art, design, photographs, objects, clothing, and any other thing that strikes her fancy. All the mountains is a great blog to visit if you're looking just for images, with each post being bound to pique your interest and leave you wanting to know more.



Some recent posts include images of work by Kate Tucker, clothes from the spring line of Steven Alan and leather goods by a.b.k. It's a wide assortment, to be sure, but a great source of inspiration.

For my second blog today, I give you bigBang studio, the working space of painter Lily Stockman, who is currently working on a year-long painting project in India. Since India is a place I've always wanted to visit, Lily's images and snippets of life on the other side of the world definitely satifsy the part of me that loves hearing about other people's travels.


Although Lily and her husband currently live in India, I've been following along with bigBang studio since it was about traveling in a retrofitted 1978 Scamp trailer, and even before that, when it was about living in Joshua Tree, CA. It's quite an exciting life these two lead, and I'm always happy to read along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!