Monday, December 27, 2010

walking in a winter wonderland





I know I said I wasn't going to blog again this week until Friday, but I just had to share some pictures I took this morning, after the blizzard that blew through last night left Brooklyn under about 20 inches of snow. Lucky for me, I got an awesome new pair of snow boots for my birthday, so I was ready to venture out this morning and see the winter wonderland that our neighborhood had become. As I mentioned on Friday, I was supposed to be leaving New York for warmer climes today, but sadly, both mine and many other people's flights were canceled, so it looks like I'm sticking around after all. Many of the city's trains, buses and subways aren't running so well today, and we saw a ton of stuck cars, so there was no saying whether I would have been able to even make it to the airport, but I am pretty bummed about missing out on some time with my family. Anyway, I am going to try to make the most of these next few days off, maintaining blogging silence (with the possible exception of some better neighborhood snow pics, and by better, I mean taken by Patrick and not me), and enjoying the snow before it turns in to slush. I hope you're all staying warm, and I'll see you back here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!