Monday, May 3, 2010

Jamie Vasta

Jamie Vasta, stepsister, from the mustn't series, 2007.

Jamie Vasta, sirens 1, from the sirens series, 2009.

Jamie Vasta, Long we've tossed on the rolling main, Now we're safe ashore, Jack, from sea shanties series.

Sometimes you come across a work of art that is both so completely compelling and impressive that you must know more about it immediately. That's how I felt when I was reading my love for you is a stampede of horses the other day, and came upon Meighan's visit to Jamie Vasta's studio. Not only are these incredible paintings, but it's the fact that Jamie paints with glitter (glitter!), a detail that isn't necessarily evident upon first glance, that really gets me. I find her unconventional choice of medium and classical style to be so incredibly inspiring. The above images are all from Jamie's website, and the ones below are courtesy of my love for you.... You can see more images from Meighan's studio visit here and here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!