Thursday, May 13, 2010

Colleen & Eric

Today's post looks at secret compartments and books, 2 of my very favorite things in the world, by an amazing Brooklyn design duo Colleen & Eric. As I mentioned yesterday, we were out of town this past weekend, so while we managed to run through the Affordable Art Fair on Friday night, we had to miss Bklyn Designs entirely. Luckily, Grace, over at Design*Sponge, did a few great posts about it (you can see them all here, here, here, and here), which is where I came across Colleen & Eric and their awesome furniture. First up, secret compartments:





The Northstar Table is my new favorite piece of furniture. The inlaid brass top represents stars in the night sky. But this is not just a beautiful design, because this table hides a secret: pressing down on Polaris causes a secret drawer to pop open. Oh Northstar Table, I've got to get you in to my life.
Second, we have the books:





For someone like me who is always looking for more shelf space for my books, I love the design of Hold on Tight. The over-sized wing-nut in this bookshelf is adjustable, meaning that no matter how few or many books you have on it, you'll always have a bookend to keep everything in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!