Monday, December 7, 2009

sunday suppers

As of this morning I am now 27 years old! And a giant yikes to that! Does this mean that I'm now officially in my late 20s, or does that not start until 28? I think I might just stick with mid-20s for a little while longer regardless. Anyway, I wanted to share with all of you the amazing event that Patrick and I attended yesterday. Since having a birthday on a Monday is no fun, Sunday was my deemed my official unofficial birthday day, and Sunday Suppers helped to make it especially wonderful.

For those of you who haven't heard of it, Sunday Suppers is run by the food stylist, photographer and fantastic hostess Karen Mordechai. As the Sunday Suppers blog explains, it's a monthly "class-cooking-dining experience, pairing friends and food. The food is market fresh, local and organic and the approach is to create seasonal and fresh meals together. The classes are held in a waterfront loft in Brooklyn, NY and are taught by Local Chefs."

For our Winter Dinner, Diana Yen and Lisel Arroyo, also known as The Jewels of New York, were the chefs, and we all helped to prepare a delicious meal of shaved fennel and orange salad with warm prosciutto vinaigrette to start, spice rubbed lamb chops with grape-almond port sauce and harvest vegetables for the main course, and vanilla pudding with candied kumquats for dessert. There was mulled wine and cheese for everyone to sample, and we all got to take home a list of recipes and jars of kumquat marmalade at the end of the evening. Neither Patrick nor I had had ever been to one of these types of events before, and so we weren't entirely sure what to expect, but we got to enjoy Karen's hospitality and lovely styling, helped to create and eat a great meal, thanks to The Jewels of New York, and had a very nice time with a group of people who all appreciate good food just as much as we do.

Since the Winter Dinner just happened and there aren't any pictures posted yet, all of the images above and below are taken from the last Sunday Supper, the Fall Harvest dinner, that happened in November. I wanted to give you all an idea about the beautiful food and decor that this event entailed, and I will definitely post pictures of our dinner once Karen has put them up on her own blog.





All photographs are copyright Karen Mordechai and Sunday Suppers. Thanks Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!