Wednesday, November 18, 2009

storm king

When my parents came to town last weekend for my grandfather's 80th birthday surprise party, we took the opportunity to visit the incredible Storm King Art Center. While my parents had never been, this was my third visit, and it's definitely safe to say that Storm King is one of my favorite places to spend the day. I usually try to go in early November, when all of the leaves are right in the middle of changing and the weather is perfect for strolling around and viewing the 500 acres worth of landscape and outdoor sculptures. This year, while we missed the leaves turning, it was still a perfect sunny day, and we got a chance to see the newest installation, Maya Lin's Storm King Wavefield. The park is closed now for the winter (they're open from April 1-November 15), but if you're ever in the New York area, Storm King is one of those incredible places that are totally worth the trip in order to visit.





And a special thanks to my dad, who took these pictures!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!