Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frank Lloyd Wright LEGO sets

Patrick sent me a link to the Prairie Mod blog this morning, with this article about a new line of licensed Frank Lloyd Wright LEGO sets! Created in conjunction with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Brickstructures, Inc. and the LEGO Architecture brand (I had no idea there even was a LEGO Architecture brand, but I'm totally on board), the first two sets in the series are The Guggenheim and Fallingwater. You can check out the full press release here.

I was a huge fan of LEGOs as a kid, so I have to say that I am super excited about this. The Guggenheim set doesn't look like it is nearly as much fun as the Fallingwater one, but I love the idea all the same. Since LEGOs are, essentially, an architectural toy, and since, looking at the Fallingwater set in particular, they seem to lend themselves fairly well to Wright's Priarie style, being able to build a Wright house out of LEGOs seems like a great idea to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!