Saturday, April 11, 2009

shhhhh...it's a secret

Why, hello there, and welcome to my first ever blog post!


Now, I’m sure you all have some questions for me. Who am I? Why will you want to read my blog? What mysteries of the universe will be revealed within the confines of my small piece of cyberspace? Is she, in fact, on a secret mission? Well, here are the facts:


My name is Sarah and I live in Brooklyn, NY with my lovely boyfriend/partner in crime, Patrick. Seeing as I have a love for all things art and design related, and finally, after reading so many wonderful art/design/craft/lifestyle blogs and being incredibly inspired by all of the interest, talent and crafty folks out there, I’ve decided to follow along and give this whole blogging thing a go. I’ve also decided that I’m finally going to get some use out of the digital camera that I got for my last birthday, and which I have only taken one picture with so far. Sad, I know, but I hope that will soon change.


Other fun facts about me are that I have a MA in the history of decorative arts and design, with my focus being in craft and design history. I was lucky enough to study at the fabulous Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, but now that I’m out of school and am no longer forced into spending all of my time thinking about and looking at fabulous art and design, I’ve decided that I need something else in my life that will be an outlet for all of the stuff that rattles around in my head. A repository, if you will, for all the decorative arts love and trivia and goodness that I come across. I occasionally write exhibition reviews for the fabulous gallerycrawl website, which gives me a good excuse to get my butt over to museum and gallery shows around the city, but I also wanted a place to write something a little more personal. My day job takes place in the exciting non-profit world, and while I believe in the mission of the organization I work for and like that the work I do is for a good cause, I feel like I need something else in my life that will help me stay connected to all of the things I love.


On top of all of all that, I’ve also managed to pick up a mean glassblowing habit over the years (yes, it is addictive), which I am lucky enough to be able to indulge in on the weekends, so I’ll show off some of that work as well. So, as you can see, this blog will have a little bit of everything, which I hope keeps it interesting. So stay tuned, kiddos, we’re going to have some fun!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments - they mean the world to me!